The YoG Blog
05.17.20 - Sermon Discussion Guide
Encounters with the risen and ascended Jesus…
Opening question: What did you or your parents do to get ready for the quarantine?
1. One of the themes of the book of Revelation is to help believers be prepared for the second coming of Christ. What sorts of things should Christians be doing to be prepared for the return of Christ?
2. John was on the island of Patmos, separated from other people. What dangers are there to people (Christians and non-Christians) from being isolated from other people for too long?
3. Bill referred to the quote, “The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church.” What does that mean in your own words?
4. To encourage perseverance in the faith, people often quote Phil 4:13. How does this verse often get taken out of context? (bonus question: Can Bill dunk if he puts this verse on his bball shoes?)
5. When Bill said that God’s word is powerful, what does the word have power to do?
6. What has sustained you during this pandemic so far? How can you rely on the power of God’s word more to sustain you during this time?
Take time to thank God sending Jesus to identify with us perfectly. Pray that you would be able to trust, and rest in all that He has done to forgive you of sin, and cause you to be a light for all to see Him.